Your participation in Picklive is governed by these terms and conditions (“the Terms and Conditions”). By registering with Picklive.com, you hereby agree to be bound by and to abide by the Terms and Conditions.
Picklive is solely and wholly owned by Picklive Limited, a limited liability company registered in England and Wales, company number  (“the Company”). Our registered offices are at 4 Imperial Place, Maxwell Road, Borehamwood, WD6 1JN.
Picklive is open to those aged over 18 who have opened an account, been ID checked and have funds available in their Picklive wallet.
For the purposes hereof, ”Picklive”, “we”, “us” means Picklive Limited; “Game” means a Game of Picklive; “Match” refers to a sports match for which a Game can be played; "Player" refers to a sports player in a particular Match; “Picker(s)”, “you” means you, the player of the Game: "Wallet" means each Picker's account balance and “Website” means the website situated at https://picklive.com.
You may access these Terms and Conditions at any time by using the link on the bottom of each page. We reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions. However, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that any significant changes to the Terms will be notified to you by an appropriate method depending on the extent of such changes (for example, by email or via a prominent notice on the Website). It remains your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions periodically to ensure that you continue to agree with them and you are advised to check the Terms every time that you access or use the Website.
If a change in the Terms and Conditions is made which you do not wish to accept you may cease to use the Website and close your Account. However, your continued access or use of the Website will be deemed to be your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and any changes to them as at the time of access or use, except that any bets received (but not settled) or other transactions prior to the time of any change to the Terms and Conditions will be subject to the pre-existing Terms and Conditions.
If there is anything in these Terms and Conditions that you do not understand, please contact our Customer Service team at email@example.com before you register. Please note: You are deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions on registration.
If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, which include by incorporation Game Rules, Complaints, Disclaimer and Privacy, or do not wish to be bound by them, you should exit the Website immediately and where applicable, remove any software that has been downloaded from the Website onto your computer without delay.
Gambling must stay an entertainment activity. You understand that there is a risk of losing money by gambling and placing bets on the website and that you are fully responsible for any losses incurred.
Important legal notice
ATTENTION: THIS LEGAL NOTICE (TOGETHER WITH THE DOCUMENTS REFERRED TO IN IT) APPLIES TO THE ENTIRE CONTENTS OF THE WEBSITE UNDER THE DOMAIN NAMES thefootballramble.picklive.com OPERATED BY PICKLIVE LIMITED The Football Ramble Limited IN PARTNERSHIP WITH PICKLIVE LTD AND TO ANY CORRESPONDENCE BY E-MAIL BETWEEN US AND YOU. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING WITH THE WEBSITE. EVERY CUSTOMER IS DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY CHECKING THE BOX ON THE REGISTRATION FORM AND CLICKING “REGISTER”. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE. THIS NOTICE IS ISSUED BY PICKLIVE LTD.
THIS VERSION OF PICKLIVE IS OFFERED TO YOU WITH OUR MEDIA PARTNER The Football Ramble Limited. THIS WEBSITE AND THE PICKIVE GAME CONTINUE TO BE OPERATED BY PICKLIVE LIMITED. YOU ARE VIEWING THIS SITE AS YOU HAVE FOLLOWED A LINK TO IT FROM The Football Ramble Limited. WE WILL SHARE INFORMATION WHICH YOU PROVIDE TO US WHEN YOU SIGN UP WITH The Football Ramble Limited.
- Game Rules
- Participation /Signing up/ Opening an account
- Age Verification/Security Checks
- Opening an Account to play
- Your Wallet
- Deposit and Withdrawal Policy
- Closure of Accounts, Suspension and Termination
- Betting and Prize Money
- Organisation of Our Pools and Associated Deductions
- Withdrawing from a Game or Cancellation of a Game
- Promotions and Bonuses
- Game Messages and Moderation
- Warranties and Indemnity
- Limitation of Liability
- Suspension and Closure of Accounts
- Dormant accounts
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Complaints and Dispute Resolution
- Data Tracking System
- How Results are Determined
- Picking Players
- Disclaimer on Points Calculation
- For rules and information on specific Game rules including choosing your players, types of Game, length of Game, changing Player choices, scoring, results, winners policy, withdrawing and match cancellation see the Game Rules.
- Picklive Games are available to play for selected matches only.
- Picklive reserves the right to alter, amend or supplement the Game Rules from time to time in its absolute discretion. You agree that no liability shall attach to Picklive as a result of any such change and so are advised to check the Game Rules regularly. The Game Rules form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Game Rules form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation / Signing Up / Opening an Account
- You need to sign up before you are able to start playing a Game at Picklive. You will also need to open and fund an account before placing bets on the Website.
- On signing up, we will ask you for your name, your email address and your password. You will be asked to confirm that you are aged eighteen (18) years of age or older. You can only hold one Picklive account or be signed up as one Picker at a time.
- By signing up you agree to the use of electronic communications in order to enter into contracts and you waive any rights or requirements under applicable laws or regulations in any jurisdiction which require an original (non-electronic) signature, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
- To fund your account with a credit or debit card you will need to provide personal information including your name, postal address and date of birth which we will verify before your Wallet is opened.
- You may only sign up with one account at a time. You may only open one account which must be funded by you. We reserve the right to assess compliance with these requirements for unique email addresses, real word addresses, credit card number and/ or any other payment forms used to establish an account. If you've created more than one account, we reserve the right to prevent you from withdrawing funds.
- By signing up and opening an account you consent to allow us admittance to your account information to inspect the accuracy of the personal information provided, as well as complaints or other allegations of abuse.
- You must provide true and accurate information about yourself including your age, full name and surname, place of residence and a valid email address. You represent and warrant that all registration and account information you supply us is complete and accurate and (through timely updates) kept up to date. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of this information. Should the registration information provided prove false or misleading, we may suspend or terminate your account.
- All applications to sign up, open an account or to participate in a Game must be made online at the Website and strictly in accordance with the relevant instructions. No applications to enter made in any other manner will be accepted.
- Applications must not be submitted by agents or third parties.
- While there is no limit on the number of entries per household or organisation, you are only allowed to open and register one account with Picklive at any one time and you can only be registered as one Picker at a time. Pickers can only play one Game at a time.
- When you sign up to play the Game you will be asked to create a password. It is solely your responsibility to ensure that you do not reveal your password to anyone else and to ensure that this information is kept secret at all times. We would advise you not to leave your computer unattended when logged in to avoid anyone else using your account.
- You must treat your password, or any other piece of information which forms part of our security procedures, as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any account or password if, in our reasonable opinion, your account information has been compromised. You must tell us immediately if you suspect any unauthorised use of your account or access to your password.
- You are responsible for the secrecy of your own password. We will not be liable to you for any loss that you may incur as a result of an unauthorised person accessing your account and we accept no liability resulting from its unauthorised use, whether fraudulent or otherwise. As is usual, it is for you to ensure that your account password is kept completely secret.
- Employees of Picklive Limited and their spouses/partners/close relatives are not permitted to play the Game.
- You must inform us as soon as you become aware of any error with your Picklive account or if you believe your account is being misused by a third party.
- If you lose or forget your password go to the forgotten passwords page for help.
Age Verification and Security Checks
- You may only participate in Picklive if you are 18 years of age or older. We have the right, at any time, to request you to furnish us with proof of your identity and/or age. Your account may be suspended whilst we await this information from you.
- In order to assess your details and verify your registration, we may supply the information you have given us to authorised credit reference agencies to confirm your identity and card details. They will check any details we disclose to them against any databases (public or private) to which they have access and will keep a record of that check. You agree that we may process, use, record and disclose personal information which you provide in connection with your registration and that such personal data may be recorded by us or them. For your protection, any telephone calls to Picklive may be recorded and monitored.
- As well as any other verification processes we may undertake, any account holders depositing from debit and credit cards may be required to provide additional proof of identity to assist with age verification before making their first withdrawal. These additional checks are not generally required for credit card users, however, we reserve the right to request such additional information depending on the circumstances. Additional proof of identity may include but is not limited to: passport number or utility bills.
- It is an offence to participate in gambling if you are under 18 (eighteen) years of age or under the legal minimum age in your country of residence (whichever is higher). If you are under 18 years of age you are committing an offence if you use our betting services on the Website.
- You are not permitted to sign up and open an account on the Website, unless you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and have the legal capacity to contract with us. If you are under 18 years of age or under the legal minimum age in your country of residence (whichever is higher) please leave this Website immediately.
- By signing up and opening an Account with us, you confirm warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age or the legal minimum age in your country of residence (whichever is higher) and that you have the mental capacity to take full responsibility for your own actions and can enter into a binding agreement with us.
- By signing up and opening an Account with us, you confirm and warrant that online gambling is legal and permitted in the jurisdiction where you are located.
- Employees of Picklive Limited and their spouses/partners/close relatives are not permitted to play the Game.
- You must inform us as soon as you become aware of any error with your Picklive account or if you believe your account is being misused by a third party.
- It is your responsibility when you play to make sure that you are playing in a country where it is legal to do so. Access to or use of the Picklive Games offered via the Website may not be legal for some or all residents of or persons in certain countries. We do not intend that the Website should be used for betting, gaming or any other purposes by persons in countries in which such activities are illegal, which includes the United States of America. We make no representation or warranty with respect to the legality or otherwise of the access to and use of the Website, and the making of deposits or receipt of any winning from Wallet. The Website does not constitute an offer, solicitation or invitation by us for the use of or subscription to betting, gaming or other services in any jurisdiction in which such activities are prohibited by law.
- It is your responsibility to determine the law that applies in the location in which you are present. You should ensure that you will be acting legally in your jurisdiction in opening your account and/or using the Website and you represent, warrant and agree that you will do so.
Opening an account to play a Game
- At present the Game is only open to those aged 18 years or older. It is your responsibility when you play to make sure that you are playing in a country where it is legal to do so.
- To play a Game you will be asked to provide personal information to enable us to verify your address, identity and age. Once this has been verified, you will be able to deposit. You will need to deposit monies into your Wallet and for the funds to be credited to your Wallet before you can play (please note that there may be some delay before these processes are completed and your Wallet is ready for you to start playing and betting).
- Your Picklive Wallet is not a bank account and is therefore not insured, guaranteed, sponsored or otherwise protected by any deposit or banking insurance system or by any other similar insurance system. Users will not receive interest on monies deposited with Picklive. Monies deposited with Picklive are initially held by our payment service provider before being transferred into a normal bank account in the UK in the name of Picklive. These monies are not subject to special trust arrangements. As such, we do not provide particular protection for the monies deposited in your account in the event of our insolvency.
- All Wallets are opened and transacted in Pound Sterling currency only.
- You can set your own personal maximum deposit and credit limit on your Wallet at any time by going to the Deposit limits page. You can decrease these limits at any time, with immediate effect, but any increases will only be put in place after a 24 hour cooling off period, during this time you can cancel any changes made to the limits.
- The maximum credit permitted in your Wallet at any time is £1,000. If the credit exceeds this amount you will be asked to withdraw the excess amount before you are able to continue playing at Picklive.
- There is a daily betting limit on your Wallet of £100 per 24 hour period.
- You can view all transactions into and out of your Wallet for the past month.
- In order to place a bet with Picklive, you will be required to send money to, and may be required to receive money from Picklive. Picklive use third-party electronic payment processors to process such financial transactions. You irrevocably authorise Picklive, in your name to instruct such processors to handle deposits and withdrawals from your Wallet and irrevocably agree that Picklive may give such instructions on your behalf in accordance with your requests, or as consequence of your Picklive activity or status.
Deposit and Withdrawal Policy
- The maximum deposit you can make into your Wallet in any 24 hour period is £200. Deposits can be made by credit card or debit card registered in your name only. Please note that there may be a delay before monies are credited to your Wallet and you are able to start betting.
- Any funds deposited into your Wallet can only be used for the placing of bets.
- The minimum amount you can withdraw from your Wallet in any one transaction is £10.
- You may only withdraw winnings from your wallet.
- You are aware that some credit card companies classify gambling transactions as 'cash' and may place a fixed and/or interest charge from the date of payment. Withdrawals via bank transfer will also attract bank charges, which may vary according to the amount of money transferred and which have to be met by you.
- Any funds credited to your Wallet as part of any bonuses or promotions will be subject to the terms set out below in section 10.
- To make a withdrawal from your Wallet you will need to fill out the required information on the Withdraw funds page.
- We will do our best to process withdrawal requests within 3 to 5 working days of such a request being made. You may withdraw funds from your Wallet at any time provided all payments have been confirmed and provided you have satisfied our identification procedures. This measure is intended as an additional security to you to prevent any unauthorised third parties from withdrawing funds from our account.
- If any sum is incorrectly credited to your account/ Wallet you are obliged to notify us, and we are entitled to reverse such credits and/or recover such sums from you, even if withdrawn by you or improperly used to participate in services on the Website. We reserve the right to cancel or reverse any winnings to recover such sums. If you use the sums improperly credited to participate in services on the Website, we can cancel and reverse any winnings.
- When you withdraw money from your Wallet the money will be credited to a bank account in your name. We may ask you to provide documentary evidence of your bank account, for instance in the form of a recent bank statement, before we are able to transfer the withdrawal monies into your account. You understand that we may only process withdrawal requests once we are satisfied that we have confirmed your identity.
- There may be a delay of several days before the money is actually credited to your bank account.
- All deposits and withdrawals from your account must be made in £ Sterling only.
- Payments and withdrawals can be made using credit or debit cards registered to your address only. We do not accept American Express cards for payments, deposits or withdrawals.
Closure of Accounts, Suspension and Termination
- Unallocated Funds: From time to time, we will hold funds which are not allocated to Pickers. This may occur for a number of reasons including where a Picker’s winnings are forfeited, or if we are unable to place funds in an account because it has already been closed by the Picker. We may use these funds for a variety of purposes including using them for donations to registered charities, developing and improving the Website, increasing winnings in specified games, or anything else we reasonably believe to be appropriate.
- Account Closure: We reserve the right to close your account at any time. You have the right to close your account at any time, providing your account does not show a balance due to us. If the balance on your account does not amount to the minimal withdrawal amount specified above, you should contact our support services.
- Freezing Account: We may need to freeze your account, if (1) the we have reason to believe that the account may be used for fraudulent purposes, (2) for the purposes of money laundering, or (3) until investigations on your account are completed. We also reserve the right to freeze or immediately terminate the account if we reasonably believe that you (1) are cheating, (2) are under 18 years of age, (3) have provided incorrect and/ or false information on registration, or (4) are in a jurisdiction that renders the provision of our services illegal.
- Dormant Account: If no transaction has been recorded for 20 months, we will remit the balance in your account to you. If we are unable to locate you, we reserve the right to donate such funds to a charity of our choice.
- Inappropriate Behaviour: We reserve the right to close your account or decline to limit your participation in any services on the Website for any reason, including but not limited to harassment of other Pickers, posting of objectionable material, creating numerous accounts, game fraud or any breach of the Terms and Conditions or the Game Rules.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Website;
- disqualification from the Website and cancelation of your right to claim any winnings;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal action against you including proceedings for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities or third party complainants as we reasonably feel is necessary or required;
- disclosure of your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, right to privacy or other legal rights.
- The responses described in this clause are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- Any monies associated with closed accounts, including closure of accounts for non-compliance with the Terms and Conditions or the Game Rules, are subject to forfeiture.
Betting and Prize Money
- Entry fees and prize allocations vary depending on the Game. See the Game Rules for more information
Organisation of Our Pools and Associated Deductions
Unless stated otherwise, each pool is subject to the following deductions:
The net amount in each pool is as set out below:
||Net Amount In Pool
- All Picklive dividends will be rounded down to the nearest one pence. For example a dividend of £105.68982 will be rounded down to £105.68.
- There are no circumstances in which there can be no winner of the pool, and, as such, the pool is never carried over.
Withdrawing from a Game or cancellation of a Game
- Once you have joined a Game, you cannot withdraw from it or cancel your bet.
- We reserve the right to withdraw a Game at any time and will not be liable to you as a result of such action.
- We reserve the right to withhold payment and to cancel and void any bets at our absolute discretion where (i) there is a technological failure; (ii) we suspect that you have or may have breached any of these Terms and Conditions: (iii) where the integrity of the Game has been called into question, or (iv) collusion between Pickers has taken place.
- Bets will also be declared void in the following circumstances:
- Cancellation - if the Match during which the Game was due to be played is cancelled.
- Abandonment - if the Game does not start or conclude due to the Match being abandoned.
- Weather - if there is no play at all during a day.
- There may be other circumstances where bets may be declared void due to reasons specific to a particular sport and you are therefore advised to check the Game Rules for further such situations.
- Where a Game or bet are declared void, any money you have staked in that Game will be credited back to your Wallet as soon as practicable.
- We have the right to recover from you any amount overpaid and have your authority to adjust your account to reflect the true outcome and rectify the mistake.
- If at any time you feel as though you are spending too much time or money playing Picklive then we would recommend that you read our section on Responsible Gaming. We also suggest that you follow the link to the Gamble Aware site.
- For those Pickers who wish to restrict their gambling, we provide a voluntary self exclusion policy, which enables you to close your account or restrict your ability to game on the Website for a minimum period of six months and up to a maximum period of five years. You can ask for your Picklive account to be closed at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whilst for most Pickers playing Picklive is fun, in some cases it stops being fun. For those customers there is a self-exclusion facility on Picklive, where you can block all access to your Picklive account for a period of time determined by you, from a minimum of 6 months, up to a maximum of 5 years.
- During a period of self-exclusion we will not send you any marketing material and we cannot accept any deposits or bets from you. We will close your account and return any money to you. (Any running bets will continue in place and we will forward any winnings after the event is settled). Once you self exclude, we cannot reverse this process for any reason and you may not apply to open a new account. We will not reopen any self excluded account, but after the expiry of the exclusion period you may contact us and ask for you account to be reopened by writing by post to our registered offices at 2nd Floor, White Bear Yard, 144a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1R 5DF. Legislation requires us to provide you with a 24 hour cooling off period, during which you may elect to keep the exclusion in place.
- If you wish to self-exclude from Picklive you may do so at any time by going to the Self exclusion page. You must be logged into your account and follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Self exclusion page
- Select a "Self exclusion period" (ranging from 6 months to 5 years)
- Tick the box next to "I understand consequences of self-exclusion"
- Click on the "Exclude me from gambling at Picklive" button
- We will action your request as soon as we are able to and within 48 hours.
We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure compliance with self exclusion. However you accept that we have no responsibility or liability whatsoever if you continue gambling and/or seek to use the Website and we fail to recognise or determine that you have requested self exclusion in circumstances which are beyond our reasonable control. For example including but not limited to you opening a new account or using a different name or address.
- In requesting self-exclusion you agree to provide full and accurate personal details, now and in the future, so as to allow access/use of Picklive’s betting and gaming services to be restricted. If you do choose to self-exclude we will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure we comply with your self-exclusion. However in agreeing to self-exclude you accept that you have a parallel undertaking not to seek to circumvent the self-exclusion. Accordingly, Picklive has no responsibility or liability for any subsequent consequences or losses howsoever caused that you may suffer or incur if you commence or continue gambling through additional online accounts where you have changed any of the registration details or you provide misleading, inaccurate or incomplete details or otherwise seek to circumvent the self-exclusion agreed.
- The National Association for Gambling Care Educational Resources and Training GamCare provides information, advice and counselling to individuals, their family and friends who have concerns about problem gambling. The Helpline number for GAMCARE when calling from the UK is 0845 600 0133; this number may not be available from outside the UK.
- If you require further information relating to this facility please contact us.
Promotions and Bonuses
- Picklive may from sometimes offer complimentary or bonus amounts to be credited by Picklive into your Wallet. Such Bonuses may only be used in relation to such Services as may be specified when the Bonus is offered to you.
- Acceptance of any Bonus shall be in accordance with any additional terms and conditions Picklive may impose in respect of each such Bonus offering and, if none, then in accordance with the Standard Promotional Terms and Conditions and bonus release restrictions contained in the relevant offer.
- Offers may be used only ONCE unless otherwise specified. You are not entitled to withdraw any Bonus amounts and you may not remove any cash obtained via a Bonus from your account without first complying with the applicable terms including, without limitation, in respect of any qualifiers or restrictions.
- As a Sign Up Bonus, players are issued with a Freeroll Ticket. The Freeroll Ticket gives access to a Freeroll game which has no cash entry fee. Certain Freeroll games have cash prizes, which will be shown in the games lobby. There are no play through requirements on cash prizes won as a result of using Freeroll Tickets.
Game Messages and Moderation
- Picklive does not pre-screen any content posted or disseminated in the Game by Pickers.
- Because the messages are self-moderated, you should understand that when using the Game, you might come across some content which you find offensive or objectionable. If you do come across such content then you are free to register a complaint in relation to this. You should note that the views expressed on message boards and in the chat room are the views of the individual concerned, not those of Picklive.
- If you post any content on the Website then you are confirming that:
- the content includes nothing which would be a breach of these Terms and Conditions;
- the content is non-confidential and non-proprietary and that Picklive may make use of that content in any way it sees fit and without acknowledgement; and
- Pickers may access the content on terms similar to these;
- If you wish to restrict the use of any content, then you are advised not to submit it.
- You are entirely responsible for any content Picklive, or any other Pickers may suffer as a result of any content you post, or otherwise as a result of your use of the Game.
- You must ensure that you only use the message boards and chat room in order to post content which is (in the reasonable opinion of Picklive) legal, decent, proper and relevant. Without limitation of the foregoing, you must ensure that you:
- comply with any instructions from Picklive;
- do not defame, threaten, harass, abuse, or otherwise violate the rights of others;
- do not post or make available content which is unlawful, defamatory, obscene, objectionable, or inappropriate or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Website, or which may expose us or other Pickers to any harm or liability of any type;
- do not promote or provide unlawful instructions to others;
- do not post any messages which could interfere with the intellectual property rights or confidential information of others;
- do not post messages containing commercial messages or advertising;
- do not impersonate any one else, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- do not use the message boards to harvest personal information about others;
- do not post any content containing pictures, video or personal information of others, unless that use is lawful, or you have their consent;
- do not transmit any viruses or other harmful code, files or programmes;
- do not add links to external sites (other than by prior written agreement of Picklive);
- do not use the Website in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website;
- do not use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Website;
- do not upload, post or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- Please note that Picklive will seek to use these Terms and Conditions to prohibit all such behaviour. However, Picklive cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to such behaviour. If you should encounter it, please feel free to make a complaint accordingly. Picklive advises that you exercise caution in revealing any personal information about yourself on any message boards.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Game, the Website and Picklive are protected by copyright, database rights and other intellectual property and related rights which are owned by us or one of our licensors. You have no rights in such copyright material or trade or service marks and must not use them without Picklive’s written permission. All intellectual property rights in the name "Picklive", the logos, designs, trade marks and other distinctive brand features of Picklive and any content provided by Picklive for inclusion on the Website vest in Picklive. You agree not to display or use such logos, designs, trade marks and other distinctive brand features in any manner without our prior written consent.
Warranties and Indemnity
- You hereby warrant and represent that you:
- are 18 years of age or older, are of sound mind and are capable of taking responsibility for your own actions;
- understand that by playing the Game, you may lose money on bets placed and accept that you are fully responsible for any such loss;
- have furnished us with personal details that are valid, accurate and complete in each and every respect and that you shall advise us immediately in writing should such details change;
- will not use our services to bet via any means where it is prohibited to do so while located in the jurisdiction in which you are located. The availability of the Website does not constitute an offer or invitation by Picklive to bet in any jurisdiction in which such use is illegal;
- are not an undischarged bankrupt or in a voluntary arrangement with your creditors;
- will not attempt to hack, make unauthorised alterations or introduce any kind of malicious code to the Website by any means. Unless given prior written approval by us, you will not make copies, modify, reproduce, transmit, alter or distribute all or any part of the Website or any material or information contained on it; and
- will not disguise or interfere in any way the IP address of the computer you are using to access the Website or otherwise take steps to prevent us from correctly identifying the actual IP address of the computer you are using whilst accessing the Website;
- will not abuse in any way any online betting or gaming or any bonus offer or other promotion scheme offered by us.
- You agree to indemnify us and hold us and our associated companies, affiliates, officers and directors, agents and employees harmless from any liabilities, claims, losses or demands made by any third party arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Limitation of Liability
- Picklive and its suppliers take reasonable precautions to prevent computer viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other items that may damage the operation of computers or property or otherwise engage in computer misuse on the Website but does not accept any liability for them. You are advised to take precautions yourself such as the use of suitable protective software.
- Access to the Website is provided by public telecommunications networks and other technology for which Picklive and its suppliers have limited control. Picklive does not accept any liability for failures or breakdowns in network communications and/or end to end connectivity across the Internet and/or performance problems experienced on any Internet or other networks outside Picklive’s direct control. You should be aware when playing on Picklive that you may be using a connection or equipment which is slower than such equipment used by others and this may affect your performance in time critical events offered via the Website.
- Picklive does not give any warranty as to the accuracy of any material on the Website and does not accept any liability for the contents of the Website or for any use of or reliance on it except where Picklive have breached a duty imposed by law. If Picklive have breached such a duty they shall not be liable where it would be reasonable to restrict such liability, for example if the breach is attributable to the fault of you or an unconnected third party or could not have been foreseen or prevented by Picklive using reasonable care.
- If for any reason the Internet portion of the Website is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Picklive which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the products and services provided on the Website, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or postpone any products or services on the Website.
- Picklive assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line malfunction, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries or transactions. Picklive is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail entry or transaction to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest.
- Picklive assumes no liability for any losses related to the above outlined failures or caused by any disconnection from the products and/ or services on the Website. The majority of internet connections suit the Website’s requirements. However, in some cases, an internet connection may result in unwanted waiting time for all Pickers. Therefore, it is agreed that if an internet connection should interfere with game flow, the Picker using this connection will be automatically disqualified.
- You agree that Picklive is not liable for any loss caused by any unauthorised use of your credit card or any other method of payment by a third party that has a connection with us. Any attempt to defraud Picklive through the use of credit cards or other methods of payment, regardless of the outcome, or any failure by you to honour legitimate charges or requests for payment will result in instant termination of your account, and forfeiture of any funds you may have won or deposited to which you are otherwise entitled.
- We may display and make accessible promotions, advertisements, and offers provided by third parties ("Third Party Promotions"). You understand and agree that we shall not be responsible and shall have no liability for any Third Party Promotion, and that you participate in or choose to click on a Third Party Promotion solely at your own risk. You agree that your sole remedy in connection with any Third Party Promotion will be with the third party offering the Third Party Promotion and that you shall have no remedy against Picklive arising from your participation in, or inability to participate in, any Third Party Promotion.
- We are not responsible for user-generated content on the Website.
- You agree to indemnify us and hold us and our associated companies affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from any liabilities, claims, losses or demands made by any third party arising out of your breach of these Terms including documents incorporated by reference into these Terms or out of your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- You acknowledge that Picklive and its subsidiaries will hold information with respect to your identity, including but not limited to your name, address and payment details. You agree that we rely on this information in entering into these Terms with you and you agree to hold us harmless against any falsehood or inaccuracy contained in the information you provide us.
Suspension and closure of account
- We may refuse to permit you to sign up with Picklive or elect to deregister or suspend you from Picklive at any time and for any reason whatever including (without limitation) if we suspect that you are breaching any of these Terms and Conditions or if we suspect that you are acting in a manner that is detrimental to the conduct of our business or which may result in a legal liability for you, for Picklive or for third parties. Any deregistration or suspension from Picklive may include the withholding of payment of any winnings due to such account. We shall not be obliged to give you prior notice of our action nor to furnish you with any reasons. Any breach by you of the Game Rules shall also be a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- If we suspend you from Picklive we shall have the right to solely determine what criteria you shall have to meet in order to sign up again at Picklive.
- Picklive reserves the right at any time and for any reason to:
- temporarily or permanently suspend your access to the message boards and chat room;
- delete any of your content;
- require any of your future messages or content to be pre-vetted;
- take any other action against your account as it sees fit.
- You may close your Picklive account at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- We will consider your account to be dormant if you have not transacted on it for a continuous period of 365 days.
- Whilst an account is considered dormant, we may levy a monthly administrative fee of £10, to be deducted from the account on the date that it becomes dormant and at the end of every complete calendar month thereafter.
- Should deductions of administrative fees from an dormant account mean that the account incurs a negative balance, then the balance of that dormant account shall be deemed to be zero.
Privacy and Data Protection
Complaints and Dispute Resolution
- For details of our complaints policy and dispute resolution see the Complaints page.
- It shall be a condition of your agreement with us that any complaints and disputes are and remain confidential both whilst we seek a resolution and afterwards. You agree that you shall not disclose the existence, nature or detail of any complaints and disputes to any third party (which shall include the discussion of any such any complaints and disputes in any chat room or forum offered by ourselves or any third party).
Data Tracking System
- The data for Picklive is provided by Opta. Picklive then allocates points based on this data as the action unfolds. Both Opta and our points allocation system are accurate however it is possible that mistakes occur which may then mean that the points are not awarded correctly.
- We are normally able to correct mistakes within a short period of time and this may then lead to the points you have been awarded being changed, during the course of a Game. No changes to the points awarded will be made after a Game has finished, even if a correction has been made. However, that is all part of the fun of playing Picklive and is the same for everyone. The results of each Game of Picklive will be based on the points awarded during that Game and will not be altered once the game has finished.
- As with any data feed, there will always be a very short delay between a real-life event and that event showing up in our data feed. We are not aware of any faster data sources but others playing Picklive may have more up-to-date information (for example if they are in the stadium where the match is taking place) or have access to some media source that we are not aware of.
How Results are Determined
- Picklive results will be based solely on the data provided by Opta which tracks Match events and Player performance. Picklive will seek to ensure that all results of Picklive games are as accurate and correct as possible but the results are dependent upon the veracity and accuracy of the information provided by Opta which is subject to human error and may not be 100% accurate.
- It is your responsibility to keep abreast of team changes and adjust your choice of Players accordingly.
Ahead of each Match, Picklive will display 'Predicted Lineups'. These are a prediction as to which players will make the Starting XIs for each team before the Starting XIs have been announced. If you pick your 5 players while Picklive is displaying ‘Predicted Lineups' and one or more of your players does not play they will automatically be replaced by a player from the same team in the starting XI that has the highest average Picklive score from their previous 3 matches. If none of the players have appeared on Picklive before, an automatic replacement will be selected at random.
- As soon as Picklive receives Starting XIs from Opta these replace the Predicted Lineups and the words 'Predicted Lineups' disappear from the picking screen. Once this has happened backups are not necessary and will not be displayed.
In the event that you pick a player that is substituted during the match, you will automatically get the incoming player and a Pickers score for this player will be a combination of the original pick and the substitutes scores.
- Picklive is not obliged to refund any monies staked based on representations, publications, updates or statements that Picklive has made with regard to the Predicted Lineups, Actual Lineups, Starting XIs, substitutions, player names and/or player numbers. We encourage you to do your own research and check back right up until start of the Match and during the Match to ensure that your choices are based on the official Starting XIs, Player names and Player numbers.
Disclaimer on points calculation
- The calculation of points for scoring Games is based on the information received from Opta. All Pickers signing up to and playing Picklive recognise that the data feed may be inaccurate and subject to human error, which may in turn affect the outcome of any Game. By signing up to the site all Pickers accept that it is possible for the scoring on Picklive to be inaccurate. Points will be allocated and Games decided on the information provided by Opta at the end of each Game, and no alterations will be made to the points allocated or pay outs awarded if the information from the data feed is subsequently corrected or altered.
- The data feed used in Games and therefore the scoring for the Games may vary significantly from scoring or information about the same Match on other media sources or outlets or betting sites.
- In some circumstances where there has been an error made in the scoring of a Game, and that error has come to Picklive’s attention, the scoring will be corrected during the course of the Game. However, if the Game has already finished then no corrections or amendments will be made to the scoring or points allocated during that Game.
- For more information regarding the scoring and points allocation see the Game Rules.
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any such amendments shall be effective on posting on the Website. We will take appropriate steps to bring any significant changes to your attention (such as by placing a notice of change on a prominent position on the Website). Please check these Terms and Conditions regularly to see if there have been any changes.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that part shall be deemed to be severable from the rest of these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- No indulgence granted by us to you should be construed as a waiver of any of our rights under these Terms and Conditions.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall create or confer any rights on any persons not party to these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to transfer, assign, sub-license or pledge, in whole or in part, any of the rights and obligations granted to or imposed upon us by these Terms and Conditions. You may not transfer, assign, sub-license or pledge any of the rights and obligations granted to or imposed upon you by these Terms and Conditions.
- Unless the context otherwise indicates, these Terms and Conditions set out the entire agreement between us and supersede all prior oral or written agreements, arrangements or understandings between us. You acknowledge that you are not relying on any representation, agreement, term or condition that is not set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- In these Terms and Conditions the headings are used for convenience only and shall not affect its interpretation.
- We are regulated by the Gambling Commission of Great Britain and subject to the provisions of the Gambling Act 2005 and associated provisions (as the same may be amended from time- to- time). You acknowledge and agree that we may be bound (and shall be entitled) to disclose certain information about you and your Account to the Gambling Commission pursuant to applicable law and regulations. Should you have any queries or complaints about us, you may contact the Gambling Commission of Great Britain. See http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
- The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with the Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Last Updated August 2014